Wednesday, August 8, 2007

reflections on new knowledge

I've learned a lot this week, but the main thing I've found is that there is so much more to discover! The three things that I now feel comfortable with are social bookmarking (del.icio.us), RSS feeds and aggregators (PageFlakes and Bloglines). I have established a PageFlakes account and a Bloglines account. I've subscribed to 21 feeds in Bloglines and created 20 bookmarks in del.icio.us. It may not sound like progress, but for me, this is huge. I walked in on Monday with no knowledge of how to use any of these tools.
Today we've skimmed the surface on wikis, but I'm looking forward to learning more about management related issues, such as; enabling others to edit and securing our wiki pages to reduce risks of hacking, spamming or unwelcome editing.

No comments: