Thursday, August 9, 2007

Next steps

Today I've discovered some more tools that I look forward to exploring further. It's mind blowing how much is available on Web 2.0 that I never knew about. The one thing I keep reminding myself is to start small. I may begin by creating a blog for my students to respond to long-term assignments and activities to gather feedback. It could serve as an informal assessment of their progress and comprehension. I am considering developing a wiki for scheduling, curriculum, and assessment for our 7th grade team. All of our core teachers on the team could have publishing rights to the wiki.
I am extremely excited at the prospect of doing some digital storytelling, even if we don't post the students' work on the web. I plan to explore the program Photo Story. This week was a real eye-opener and I look forward to sharing what I've learned with my colleagues.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

testing